Over the last few decades, there has been significant advancements in medical technology that make possible the cure of even the incurable illnesses. The cost of medical treatment however, is extremely high and it’s tough for most of the middle-class people to afford it. The affordability of medical treatment is a point of major concern. Cost of surgery, medical procedures, drugs & other medical-related expenses cost huge and you may have to pull-off all the savings to pay the hefty medical bills.
In order to keep yourself financially protected against medical exigencies, you are advised to buy a Health Insurance Plan.
A Health Insurance Plan provides cover for the cost incurred due to hospitalization arising from any illness, injury or other medical condition. Buying a health insurance plan ensures financial cover against medical treatment expenses. Buying a Health Insurance Plan offers coverage for expenses incurred under in-patient hospitalization, pre & post hospitalization, daycare procedures, organ donor, domiciliary hospitalization, etc.
By paying a small amount of premium, you will get access to quality medical care without worrying about paying bills.
Let’s go through some Health Insurance Plans, its benefits & cost for availing the cover.
Premium specified for health plans is computed for 2 adults (30 years for eldest member). Cover opted is Rs 5 lakh with 1 year policy tenure.
Religare Care Policy is a comprehensive Health Insurance Plan that protects you & your family against financial risks that may arise due to a medical emergency. This plan offers various basic and value added health coverage. This plan can be bought for an individual or for entire family.
Premium By paying just Rs 845 per month, you will get the health cover with Religare Care policy.
- Inpatient hospitalization expenses including room rent, nursing expenses, doctor’s fees, medicines, etc. are covered.
- Pre hospitalization expenses are covered for 30 days before hospitalization.
- Post hospitalization expenses are covered for 60 days after hospitalization.
- Coverage for 170 day care procedures which require hospitalization for less than 24 hours.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization taken at home is covered up to 10% of Sum Insured.
Max Bupa Health Companion Health Insurance Plan comes with a host of benefits to ensure complete health cover for an individual and family. With this health plan, you can avail cashless medical facility, quick claim settlement and assurance of lifetime renewability for plan.
Premium By paying Rs 917 per month, you will get the health cover with Max Bupa Health Companion Plan.
- It covers hospitalization expenses with no capping on room rent.
- Pre & post hospitalization expenses are covered for 30 days prior and 60 days post hospitalization, respectively.
- All day care procedures/surgeries are covered.
- Organ donor’s treatment for harvesting of organ is covered.
Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan offers family health cover at an affordable premium. By buying this health plan, you will get the comprehensive cover and there is no need to worry about medical bills while undergoing for self or other family member.
Premium By paying Rs 973 per month, you will get the health cover with Star Health Family Health Optima Plan.
- Hospitalization expenses like room rent, boarding and nursing expenses, etc. are covered under the policy.
- All day care procedures are covered.
- Pre hospitalization expenses are covered up to 60 days before hospitalization.
- Post hospitalization expenses are covered up to 90 days post discharge from hospital.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization Expenses for treatment are covered.
- Organ donor expenses are covered up to a limit as specified in the policy.
Aditya Birla Activ Health Essential Plan is a health plan that offers the customized cover to fulfill your health care needs. This health plan offers a comprehensive coverage and reward you for maintaining good health. You will also get cover for chronic illnesses such as diabetes, cholesterol, hypertension and asthma.
Premium By paying Rs 833 per month, you will get the health cover with Activ Health Essential Plan.
- In-patient medical expenses such as room rent, operation theater charges, medicines, doctor’s fees, etc. are covered.
- Pre hospitalization expenses are covered up to 30 days before hospitalization.
- Post hospitalization expenses are covered up to 60 days after discharge from hospital.
- 527 day care procedures that require hospitalization for less than 24 hours are covered.
- Domiciliary hospitalization is covered as specified under the policy.
HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha – Silver Plan is designed to ensure medical treatment with no worries about medical bills. With this plan, there is no restriction on choosing hospital room, option to get coverage for maternity and critical illness.
Premium By paying Rs 621 per month, you will get the health cover with HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Silver Plan.
- In-patient hospitalization expenses including room rent, nursing, Operation Theater, ICU charges, etc. are covered.
- 144 day care procedures are covered.
- Expenses incurred in organ donor’s treatment for organ transplantation are covered.
- Domiciliary treatment expenses are covered under this plan.
- Pre hospitalization expenses are covered for 60 days before hospitalization
- Post hospitalization expenses are covered for 90 days after discharge from hospital.
- Expenses incurred for AYUSH treatment are payable.
Note: Health plans specified above are just for illustrative purpose. You may pick any other health plan, as per you & your family’s health care needs.
The post Comparative Analysis of Various Health Insurance Plans appeared first on Comparepolicy.com.